- Get 8 hours of sleep every night
- Get 30 minutes of cardio activity daily
- Fast for 36 – 40 hours every other day
What is Fasting, and Why Do It?
Fasting is simply abstaining from all or some kinds of food or drink for a certain amount of time.
I fast because it is simple, free, flexible, and a HUGELY EFFECTIVE way to lose weight and FEEL GREAT.
How to Fast
You actually know how to fast. You already do it every night while you sleep. The difference between you and I is that I extend my fast a bit longer so I can experience benefits like increased energy, mental sharpness, better skin, and more productive days.
Intermittent Fasting comes in all shapes and forms and what makes it magical is that you customize it to suit your lifestyle. The best way to start fasting is to establish an eating window of 12 hours and simply cut out all snacking so you eat only 3 meals a day between 7am and 7pm. Once you master a no snacking protocol I recommend extending your fasting window to 16 hours, and eliminate one of your meals to reduce your eating window to 8 hours. Once you master that protocol I recommend extending your fast to one meal a day.
5 Tips To Fasting
- Decide what result you want to achieve & why
- Read “Life In The Fasting Lane” by Jason Fung, MD
- Learn how to self coach to navigate the “mind drama” & guarantee your desired result
- Pick a eating protocol and create a habit by sticking to it for 50 days (download a free tracking sheet here)
- Share your protocol with friends and family and ask for their support
Fasting is nothing new. It doesn’t get the same kind of media attention as a pandemic because it’s free, flexible, and provides complete control over improved health. There is nothing about fasting to be afraid of and in a time of a pandemic, that is a gift.
Not so fast… 😉
If you want to learn more about my weight loss journey and how Intermittent Fasting has added far more to my life than just fast loss, join The SheSuite, my private facebook group where I offer free coaching on how to self coach and become Self-Made. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSheSuite/